Our Mission - Enabling Our Customers to Make the World Healthier, Cleaner and Safer - It's more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We're sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our people share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We work together to accelerate research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, drive innovation and increase laboratory productivity. Each one of us contributes to our mission every day.
This role will provide support to the order management team of a 30 million USD Life Sciences Solutions business responding to COVID-19 efforts in the SEA region. The trainee will have an opportunity to gain exposure to various functions of the business-like sales, finance, manufacturing and logistics to gain an understanding of the product life cycle.
This role would be an ideal jumping off point for a trainee looking to build a career in Logistics, Customer Care or Business Excellence.
What You Will Do
- Identify gaps and risks in the order management process and support the execution of transactions in a timely manner.
- Once gaps and risks are identified the trainee will also be tasked with mitigation of these risks by driving process streamlining and improvement.
- Identify improvement areas in processes like order receiving, product availability check, pricing, delivery, billing and documentation and identify automation opportunities in these processes.
- Devise the process for efficient account and backlog management Liaise with manufacturing facilities and 3rd party vendors in USA, Europe and around the Asia Pacific region.
- Liaise with Finance to ensure Accounts receivable and payable are booked appropriately.
- Prepare reports to measure efficiency of processes on a regular basis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 0-2 years' experience in Customer Service, Logistics or Supply Chain roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Logistics/Supply Chain/Life Science/Operations Management.
- Knowledge or any experience with Oracle E1, SAP will be an asset, comfort with MS Office preferred.
- Customer Management.
- Logistics solutioning.
- Documentation process administration.
- Communication Skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Customer Service, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Closing Date:13th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm