It's more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We're sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our people share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We work together to accelerate research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, drive innovation and increase laboratory productivity. Each one of us contributes to our mission every day.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers best-in-class internships. We give you a true hands-on experience, the opportunity to solve real-time problems, the chance to network with other interns from different backgrounds, exposure to experienced leadership, and even opportunities to give back to the community.
Internships are open to college students of all degree levels. Successful interns may be invited to interview for our Leadership Development Programs or direct hire positions upon graduation.
What You Will Do
- Perform quality control testing on gene chips to ensure compliance with required quality specifications, particularly with ISO 13485:2003 and 21- CFR – 820.
- Ensure accurate recording and reporting of test results to facilitate product release.
- Prepare test reagents/buffers according to released procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting as instructed by supervisor to identify root cause of QC failures.
- Assist Chemist in validation testing as per approved protocol.
- Maintain laboratory equipment per established schedule and procedures.
- Observe good housekeeping and safe work practices.
- Ensure compliance to all quality and department procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in laboratory benchwork and reagent and buffer preparation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office / Office365 applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm