It's more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We're sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our people share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We work together to accelerate research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, drive innovation and increase laboratory productivity. Each one of us contributes to our mission every day.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers best-in-class internships. We give you a true hands-on experience, the opportunity to solve real-time problems, the chance to network with other interns from different backgrounds, exposure to senior leadership, and even opportunities to give back to the community. Internships are open to college students of all degree levels. Successful interns may be invited to interview for our Leadership Development Programs or direct hire positions upon graduation.
What You Will Do
- Assisting in global sourcing and procurement of materials, to provide uninterrupted supply for instrument manufacturing with the best cost, optimal quality and desired lead time.
- Managing inventory by implementing programs such as PAC (Pay-At-Consumption), JIF or VMI with our worldwide vendor network.
- Material planning, using SAP, to provide demand forecasts to our vendors and ensure supply continuity.
- Generating reports on outstanding delivery and subsequently expediting outstanding orders with vendors.
- Resolving payment-related issues to maintain good vendor relationships.
- Screening of purchase requisitions raised by end-users before the requisitions are routed to the Purchasing team.
- Document preparation and justification for Finance to initiate advance payment/COD payment.
- Maintenance of contract documentation and working with end-users to ensure expiring contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
- Investigating non-conformance materials and doing necessary paperwork/follow-up with vendors to arrange for rework.
- Generation of weekly On-Time Delivery / Purchase Price Variance / Pay-At-Consumption / Vendor-Managed Inventory / PO Ageing reports, to support Purchasers on monitoring vendor performance.
- Physical stock check at Warehouse on consignment items, against VMI inventory list published from SAP.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Good communication skills (spoken and written English).
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage but is not compulsory as training will be provided.
- Knowledge of widely-used quality and ERP systems.
- In-depth understanding of production processes and engineering commodities.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- ‘Soft’ skills (communication, interpersonal, best workplace practices).
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:29th May 2020, 6:00 pm