Our Mission - Enabling Our Customers to Make the World Healthier, Cleaner and Safer - It's more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We're sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our people share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We work together to accelerate research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, drive innovation and increase laboratory productivity. Each one of us contributes to our mission every day.
As a key member of the APJ LSG Pricing Team, the Pricing Analyst will work closely with Countries and Regional Sales, Marketing and Finance teams to provide support to the Life Science Solutions Group (LSG) to drive profitable growth and pricing excellence. This includes implementation of pricing initiatives, improvement in pricing management practices, and the development and enhancement of pricing analytical tools.
The trainee will have an opportunity to gain exposure to various functions of the business-like sales, finance, and marketing to gain an understanding of the commercial portion of the product life. The Life Sciences Solutions Group is one of the groups actively supporting our customers in the fight against COVID-19 through its various products and offerings. This role would be an ideal jumping off point for a trainee looking to build a career in Pricing, Finance or Business Excellence with a multinational industry leader.
What You Will Do
- Support team lead on key yearly initiatives (i.e., List Price Increase, Pricing Agreement Renewal) and ad hoc projects to drive incremental revenue on untapped sales opportunities with pricing as one of the levers.
- Work with complex data sets to help businesses identify price opportunities and/or leakages, collaborate with Regional and Country sales and marketing teams to review, and develop action plans to achieve revenue goals.
- Leverage multiple databases to develop / enhance dashboards and analytical tools (e.g., PowerBI, SQL) to provide Regional and Country stakeholders with actionable insights.
- Prepare and support monthly price performance reviews with Commercial Leadership.
- Continuously improve process efficiency through the adoption of data manipulation tools, exercise independent judgement to evaluate, review and provide recommendations when required.
- Perform other related projects/functions as required by the team lead.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 0-2 years' experience in Pricing, accounting or data analysis.
- Degree in Accounting/Business/Economics or another related field.
- Excellent analytical capabilities including Excel and relational database skills. SQL and PowerBI knowledge would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work within tight deadlines, multitask and deal with complex systems, processes, and databases.
- Enjoy working with big data to draw valuable business insights.
- Strong self-direction and initiative; desire to own and make decisions with inputs from colleagues / supervisors.
- Data Storytelling and Visualization.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Data Collection and Analysis.
- Communication Skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Economics
- Closing Date:13th Jan 2021, 6:00 pm