Our Mission - Enabling Our Customers to Make the World Healthier, Cleaner and Safer - It's more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We're sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our people share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We work together to accelerate research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, drive innovation and increase laboratory productivity. Each one of us contributes to our mission every day.
What You Will Do
- To provide support for design and development on all R&D activities on mechanical engineering whenever required. This involves in 3D solid model design, plastic parts, sheet metal, drive mechanism.
- To support product prototype build planning, setup, and testing.
- To assemble, test and evaluate all mechanical design performance during the development cycle right from the conceptual design to product launch.
- To prepare and produce 3D printed parts for prototyping test.
- To support the project manager on the material readiness whenever necessary.
- To support lead technicians on the daily tasks such as projects build, goods receiving and hands-on works with guidance provided.
Working with R&D team, this position is responsible for driving new product prototype build and supporting investigation work. By joining the product team from concept to product launch, we offer the excellent opportunities for growth and development as part of product design cycle.
By End of Internship, the Student will Learn:
- Design, assemble, repair and test mechanical components according to required specification.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate prototype build.
- Interpret, prepare, and modify mechanical engineering drawings and other related technical documents.
- Knowledge on the parts design and 3D printing requirement.
- Knowledge on the project management with reference to product commercialization process (PCP).
- Opportunity to liaise with suppliers and coordinate on the supply chain.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
- Team player, willingness to learn and desire to perform hands–on work.
- Experience in using Solid works or Pro/E tools.
- Experience in fabrication, integration, and repair of mechanical system is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency with verbal and written communication skills.
- Job type:Internships
Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Mechanical
- Closing Date:18th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm