In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for Graduates in User Experience Design.
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a two-year international program for fresh Graduates who expect a career accelerator into the games industry. They will benefit from an individual development plan and follow-up in order to develop their skills in project management. Depending on the studio to which you are eligible, the Graduate Program may be a local track or an international track. To know which studio offers local or international track, please refer to the locations indicated at the bottom.
Local Track - Over two years in the same studio, Graduates will have the opportunity to work on thrilling projects with multi-disciplinary teams in an international environment.
International Track - Over two years, Graduates will have the opportunity to work in two different studios in different countries.
As part of the production team, reporting to the Game Design job family, the UX Designer plays a critical role to translate the vision of the game into a comfortable experience for the player.
Your job is key in building immersive player experience - you are responsible for ensuring immersion and consistency in the game. During the production, you have an impact on a wide scope and you connect with diverse fields of game development: game feel (Gameplay programmers), Game Design (game & level designers), UI design, playtest (User research department).
What You Will Do
As a member of a game development team, you are involved in a variety of missions such as:
Support and work with the development team to iterate and improve the game within the player eye:
- Create personas to help define the user base and understand player’s needs.
- Create detailed wireframes (describe solutions in the game design that will guide production).
- Work closely with the game designers to identify controls and inputs which support interactions, in order to ensure a seamless and consistent user experience.
- Participate in the conception of world logic, layout and all user interfaces running the game (including HUD, menus and lobby) by applying information architecture & accessibility principles.
- Ensure all signs & feedback provide clear information within the game through accessibility best practices.
- Ensure interactions responsiveness matches expectations.
Plan and coordinate new playtest methodologies focusing on the player experience. Share, analyze and apply this feedback and data to optimize the game experience.
Use your own experience as a gamer along with your knowledge of user-centered design to achieve both players’ and business’ goals. Educate & evangelize the importance of human factors, players’ feedback & data-driven decision-making in end-to-end user experience design.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You have already graduated or will be graduating in 2021 from a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Game design, Interaction design / Human Computer Interaction / Ergonomics, Cognitive sciences, Gameplay programming or equivalent and have less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships and apprenticeships).
- You have good game design and art skills as well as UI and ergonomic understanding.
- You have an interest in programming and all topics related to technology.
- You are interested in cognitive sciences, user-centered design and player experience.
- You have great communication skills: you can influence with impact various partners, you are bold and proactive, and you can turn complex problems into simple products.
- You have a creative mindset.
- You are passionate by video games and gaming culture.
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in English and geographically mobile.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Design and User Experience
- Closing Date:28th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm