Do you want to help us protect our reputation, financial health and long-term interests by helping us identify, measure and control risks? You'll:
- execute routine periodic controls in line with global and local control frameworks, including regional regulatory requirements where applicable
- analyze and assess risks arising from both the business and support functions
- identify and evaluate the design, implementation and effectiveness of controls designed to address those risks
- document and communicate review findings, root causes and risks
- develop recommendations for items that solution owners should consider when finalizing their action plans
- successfully collaborate with peers in and across Monitoring, Surveillance and Control teams
You will be working in Monitoring, Surveillance and Controls (MS&C) in Hong Kong / Singapore. MS&C is an independent function within the 2nd line of defense, that supports Group Compliance, Regulatory and Governance (GCRG) in achieving its strategic, operational, financial and compliance objectives. MS&C monitors business activities in relation to compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies including Cross-border activities, Investment Suitability, Know Your Customer (KYC), Conflicts of Interest, amongst others. MS&C also works in close cooperation with other GCRG teams such as Financial Crime Prevention, Business Aligned Compliance etc.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
You need to be graduating by July 2024, and with less than two years of work experience. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work independently as well as in a team
- speak and write fluently in English, Mandarin.
The following skills would certainly be an added advantage:
- familiarity with data analytics or business intelligence tools (e.g. Power BI, Alteryx)
- fluency in Japanese and Cantonese.
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
On this 10-week summer program, you’ll be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, we might invite you to join our Graduate Talent Program once you’ve graduated.
You may only apply for one program in one country within Asia Pacific during the same academic year.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Employees working from UBS Hong Kong offices must present proof of vaccination for at least the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine or a medical exemption certificate before entering the workplace, and other applicable anti-epidemic measures as may be amended from time to time.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Engineering,...
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Program Duration
- POSITION START DATE
May 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2022, 3:59 pm