Be part of the URA Digital Planning Lab, which spearheads development and experimentation of smart planning technologies through Ops-Tech collaborations. Our teams with capabilities in software development, geospatial analytics and data science, work closely with planners to generate insights and develop digital solutions to tackle interesting challenges of Singapore’s urban planning needs.
You will be assembling a city-wide geospatial digital network data of pedestrian pathways and facilities to support mobility and accessibility analysis for urban planning. You will need to physically walk the ground to collect and validate data using digital mapping solutions; and to edit data using mapping software and perform data quality checks.
What You Will Do
You will undergo a 2-year structured training on Singapore's urban planning system, advanced skills in the use of GIS software for spatial network mapping and analysis, as well as on the use of data analytics and GIS for urban planning. Through these, you will progressively learn together with on-job training how to conduct spatial network analysis to support mobility and accessibility analysis for urban planning
Required Sills and Abilities
- Diploma in any discipline.
- This traineeship is open to candidates with no prior experience in mapping and GIS.
- Interest in Geographical Information System (GIS) and mapping technology.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to read, interpret, and follow maps.
- Comfortable in using digital platforms and devices to collect data on the go.
- Able to stand and walk long durations for data collection.
- Able to work well with a team and be willing to learn.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2020, 6:00 pm