The Finance Leadership Development Associate will participate in US Foods’ Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP), a full-time, accelerated entry-level leadership development program that consists of three one-year rotations (36 months total) with one 4-week shadow opportunity per year to preview another area of US Foods Finance (Field or Corporate).
Rotation assignments are based on career track interests of Associate and business needs/availability. Program participants will engage in both classroom and on the job training to further develop their Finance knowledge and leadership abilities. As part of the program, Associates will be given a Mentor and Executive Mentor, regular performance feedback, development trainings and leadership opportunities. At the successful completion of the program, graduates have the opportunity to be placed into a higher-level analyst/auditor/accountant role based on performance and subsequent accelerated career growth.
US Foods Finance Leadership Development Associates are proven problem-solvers and multi-taskers as demonstrated through past experience and academic course work. They are independent thinkers who share knowledge and ideas; are open to constructive feedback; and are beginning to think and act as emerging leaders who are able to work collaboratively and effectively with leaders and associates throughout the organization.
They possess strong personal and professional ethical values with impeccable integrity; strong personal initiative, enthusiasm, results orientation and resourcefulness; and exhibit a commitment to achieving the organization’s goals and an ability to overcome obstacles.
What You Will Do
- Develop detailed understanding on an end-to-end process basis of assigned area, including related stakeholders, systems, accounting processes and internal controls that support internal and external reporting.
- Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly analyses and related adjusting entries in support of assigned areas.
- Support the timely and accurate delivery of financial data and information to support corporate, shared service center operation, and distribution center/area/region leaderships.
- Proactively work on period end analysis and close activities that provide leadership timely and reliable financial information, including identifying leading indicators and trends to allow for timely business decisions.
- Compile and review journal entries in compliance with GAAP and support of period end close activities.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and investigate/resolve variances on a timely basis.
- Perform tasks with regards to all required financial transactions for the support office as well as field activities while applying accounting techniques and standard practices for classifying and recording financial transactions.
- Provide financial reporting, ad hoc analysis and analytical evaluations of company and/or project related performance.
- Identify favorable and unfavorable data/spending trends.
- Review departmental actual expenses versus budget and issue monthly variance statements along with explanations of significant variances.
- Perform regular, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting/analysis.
- Assist in the production of monthly results reviews of financial and operational performance metrics versus current plan and forecast.
- Acts as the principal in gathering financial and other credit information to be used in risk analysis to develop credit limits for potential customers.
- Make credit decisions and establish payment terms within assigned authorities per Corporate Credit Policy.
- Prepares credit write-ups and recommends credit limits in accordance with the Corporate Credit Policy.
- Establish and maintain communication with major accounts to insure expeditious collections with rapid resolution of past due accounts.
- Conducts core internal audits including financial, SOX 404 compliance, corporate compliance, information technology, and operational audits.
- Assists with business risk assessments.
- Assists with audit planning, execution and reporting on audit findings and recommendations.
- Prepares high quality work papers to support audit conclusions and recommendations within defined deadlines.
- IR/Treasury, Mergers and Acquisitions, Tempe Office (Shared Business Services), and Field Finance based on career track interest of Associate and business needs/availability.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus one internship/work experience in Finance-related position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess strong written and communication skills.
- Through past experience or academic course work, demonstrated ability to problem solve, act independently, multi-task, and work effectively on a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with leaders and associates throughout an organization.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values with impeccable integrity.
- Strong personal initiative and results orientation demonstrated through ability to overcome obstacles to achieve goals and drive key results.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
United States (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2019, 6:00 pm