The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real-world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from May - August) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position within the Finance Leadership Development rotational program post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance. The Internship will consist of two rotations throughout the summer to provide a unique opportunity to see different sides of the Finance organization at US Foods. The rotations will be scheduled around key projects and business need.
US Foods Finance & Accounting interns have the opportunity to rotate into key finance and accounting functions within a Fortune 150 Company to gain hands-on experience working on key projects across disciplines. Our interns will have an opportunity to apply key concepts learned in the classroom in real world business settings to further develop their knowledge, skills and acumen.
What You Will Do
With direct supervision and oversight, the intern position provides exposure and opportunity to investigate a career, gain business knowledge and practical application of a specific function within the food distribution industry.
- Assigned key projects to gain an understanding of the Controller Group function and the US Foods business.
- Assists in preparation of the financial statements through the controller group period end close process.
- Assists in weekly analysis of working capital balance sheet accounts.
- Cross collaborates with corporate FPA, field finance, merchandising and logistics to support business initiatives.
- Focuses on learning and leadership development through project assignment.
- Understands and adheres to Controller Group methodology, policies and procedures.
- Conducts core internal audits including financial, SOX 404 compliance, corporate compliance, information technology, investigations and operational audits.
- Assists with business risk assessments.
- Assists in management requested initiatives and provides direct input that contributes to the successful completion of the project.
- Works closely with audit team, keeps team informed of progress, issues that arise, and asks questions.
- Focused on learning and leadership development.
- Understands and adheres to internal audit methodology and policies and procedures.
- Conducts analyses on margin, expenses, capital spending and working capital.
- Identifies favorable and unfavorable spending trends.
- Performs weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting.
- Assists in monthly operational reviews versus plan and forecast.
- Assists with quarterly earnings call process; including creation of press release and slide deck.
- Tracks shareholder activity, investor base changes and analyst reports on US Foods.
- Helps with daily bank transfers, account inquiries and banker questions.
- Assists with debt reporting, treasury requests and cash transactions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Must be enrolled in school during the time of the internship.
- Typically, students currently between their first and final years of graduate school will be considered for internships.
- Active involvement in Finance or Accounting club, student group, or business fraternity/sorority.
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Work well as a team.
- Leadership mindset.
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance
United States (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2019, 6:00 pm