The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real-world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to Team Up to build a supportive learning environment where we Talk Straight about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver Second To None program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions within our Corporate HQ; and have an opportunity to deliver an end-of-summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders. Dependent upon critical business needs and overall performance during the summer, there may be opportunities for students to continue working as a part-time intern during the school year.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from May - August) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance. The Merchandising Insights & Analytics Intern is responsible for helping provide analytical support in the areas of merchandising which includes conducting & delivering analyses, development & delivery of ad hoc & regular reports, and developing analytics & processes to support business strategies. US Foods has a number of projects that will exercise and develop the intern’s insights and analytics knowledge and skills.
What You Will Do
- Support internal business partners in the development of tools & reports for end users, including developing requirements. Identify opportunities to standardize processes through analytics, reporting & data visualization tools, such as Snowflake, Oracle Analytics & Tableau.
- Understand how data cleansing and data manipulation is critical in designing efficient data sources. Development of new/ modify existing SQL syntaxes to optimize data sources used in Commercial reporting.
- Support team members in developing synthesis of analyses & development of clear & concise communications/ presentations to business partners. Support presentation of analyses to internal business partners; may present with oversight and supervision.
- Drive increased purchasing income or margin improvement through involvement in key initiatives, recommending solutions, engaging appropriate stakeholders, and tracking progress/results.
- Commercial initiative projects such as assortment optimization, promotional tracking, and category performance root-cause analysis.
- At the conclusion of the program, the intern will present projects and internship experience to their Commercial managers and key business leaders.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or a related discipline degree program.
- Must be enrolled in school during the time of the internship.
- Typically, students currently between their first and final years of graduate school will be considered for internships.
- Enrolled in courses/ coursework pertaining to Lean Six Sigma, Information Systems, and/or Data Understanding of relational databases & data querying methodologies / languages (e.g., SQL) a plus.
- Tableau or related visual presentation/reporting tool preferred.
- MS Office Proficiency with focus on MS Excel specificallyModelling a plus.
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Work well as a team.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
United States (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2019, 6:00 pm