The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real-world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to Team Up to build a supportive learning environment where we Talk Straight about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver Second To None program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions within our Corporate HQ; and have an opportunity to deliver an end-of-summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders. Dependent upon critical business needs and overall performance during the summer, there may be opportunities for students to continue working as a part-time intern during the school year.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from May - August) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance.
What You Will Do
With direct supervision and oversight, the intern position provides exposure and opportunity to investigate a career, gain business knowledge and practical application of IT – Business Analysis within the food distribution industry.
- Interact with business users and gather requirements for technology business applications to address the business needs.
- Learn the current business processes and identify areas of opportunity to improve process.
- Create requirements documentation that outlines the desired processes and specifications.
- Participate in daily and weekly Agile team meetings.
- Work with development team to translate requirements into a feasible technical design.
- Discover the process of developing wireframe designs by interacting with the user experience lead.
- Collaborate with the testing team to ensure the requirements are implemented per the specifications and help troubleshoot issues.
- Partake in meetings to plan the deployment of the tools to divisions across the country.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems/Science or related area of study.
- Must be enrolled in school during the time of internship.
- Typically, students currently between their first and final years of graduate school will be considered for internships.
- Experience with business process optimization and/or gathering business requirements.
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Exposure to the Agile methodology.
- Must have regular, reliable method of transportation to commute to US Foods’ location.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Science
United States (United...
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2019, 6:00 pm