The Associate Technical Writer is an entry-level position. As an Associate Technical Writer with TCS, you will work with technical experts across our global organization to document sophisticated payment technology systems, services, and applications.
You will be mentored by experienced writers who will help you to navigate TCS’ documentation and editing services and to understand industry best practices.
You will work on a variety of technical documentation projects, gaining expertise in authoring tools and publishing environments as you research, write, and edit technical content for document libraries, help systems, SharePoint sites, intranet sites, and more.
What You Will Do
Work with experienced writers to:
- Research subject matter and obtain and exchange information.
- Create and maintain project schedule(s).
- Represent writing team in planning and review meetings with project cross-functional stakeholders.
- Communicate status of project to team members, clients, and departmental management.
- Proactively escalate problems and issues as needed.
- Multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Analyze existing documentation for impacts and update them accordingly.
- Manage and maintain content for customized document editions (profiling) and publishing to various media (single-sourcing).
- Manage and store master documentation files, complete quality artifacts, update metrics, and implement other processes as directed by the department procedures guide.
- May also perform technical tasks to support TCS technical staff and developers in maintaining and enhancing publishing tools, systems, and templates.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduates or candidates pursuing a degree in Information Systems, English, Journalism, Communications, Technical Communications, or a related technology-focused field.
- Proficient with written and verbal communication for domestic and global audiences, business and technical alike.
- Highly driven, enthusiastic, eager, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to collaborate with multicultural teams across the globe.
- Experienced with MS-Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint. (preferred).
- Experienced with graphics editing software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, and Web design tools (DreamWeaver, Wiki, SharePoint Designer, Nintex Workflow). (Preferred).
- Familiar with advanced authoring software (Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, and RoboHelp), XML editing tools (Arbortext Editor), document repositories (Documentum). (A plus).
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Communications, Information Systems, Journalism
- Closing Date:24th Jan 2019, 6:00 pm