Retirement line of business is the largest business at Willis Towers Watson globally, in Asia Pacific and in Hong Kong. With more than 50 associates in Retirement business in Hong Kong, we advise clients in design, management and operation of their Retirement programs.
One of our key businesses is retirement scheme consulting. From design to management, from market benchmarking to provider selection, we offer whole spectrum of services to meet the needs of our clients. A key element is the actuarial services where actuarial valuation of retirement schemes as well as projection of retirement scheme costs are conducted to give employers a better understanding of cost implication and financial cost booking.
What you will do
On all aspects of Retirement programs, you are responsible for providing technical support for delivering consulting services to existing and new clients.
You will have immediate exposure to real client assignments which will draw on your creativity as well as your ability to analyze data, draw conclusions and present results. These experiences will help build your technical knowledge and overall industry expertise while you gain exposure from one of the industry’s most comprehensive actuarial training and development programs.
- Assist consultants to provide support on client projects involving the design, funding, pricing, implementation and management of a full array of retirement programs
- Perform actuarial and financial valuations in accordance with regulations and applicable accounting standards
- Follow standardized work processes that ensure quality service and deliverables to clients
- Monitor project plan to ensure work is delivered on time, on budget, and at the highest quality standards
- Develop professional expertise by progressing towards qualification as an actuary
- Develop technical knowledge and skills in the relevant areas
- Accountable for achieving or surpassing annual target of chargeable hours
- Provide feedback to associates working within the project team
- Support Willis Towers Watson events (e.g. Inclusion and Diversity)
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics or other mathematics-related degrees
- Previous working experience with an actuarial or a consulting firm is a plus
- Excellent project management and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building/relationship management skills
- High energy individual looking for a dynamic, growth oriented environment
- Flexibility and entrepreneurial ability to work in an emerging market situation
- Strong computer software/programming skills
- Effective written and verbal communication in English and Chinese in a business context is essential. Fluent in Putonghua is a plus
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Nov 2018, 6:00 pm