Fortune named XPO Logistics among the most admired companies in the world, and Forbes listed us as one of America’s best employers. At XPO, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who want to build a career in the transportation industry.
You’ll be working on real-life projects in emerging technologies that have been designed to support some of the world’s leading companies, while helping create the next generation of supply chain/logistics solutions. You’ll also get to work in the latest digital methodologies, including cloud, DevOps, AI, agile, robotics and more.
Once you emerge from the program, our goal is to place you in a full-time role within the area of technology which speaks to your strengths, desires, background and our current business need. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
What You Will Do
- Participate in a series of rotational assignments, lasting approximately 6 months each, within our core IT departments, including Client Support, Business Applications and Infrastructure.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new robotics technologies.
- Participate in a full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) utilizing agile techniques to deliver solutions.
- Learn testing methodologies in support of manual and automated testing scenarios.
- Develop a knowledge of the Release Management process.
- Collaborate with business partners and technology teams to solve business problems and design solutions; provide business analysis support and quality assurance.
- Support system implementations, upgrades and continued client services.
- Assist the team with new application rollouts, design and development, data migration and database upgrades.
- Provide assistance to our clients and employees in the IT Support Center.
- Work on the administration and support of our Secure Private Cloud hosting environment; gain exposure to technologies such as VMware, Windows and Linux servers, Oracle and SQL server database platforms, flash storage arrays and virtualized networking technologies.
- Travel to sites to assist in deployment or implementation as needed.
- Meet weekly/monthly goals and objectives.
- Take the initiative to learn from online resources and through observation while working alongside our talented team members.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Supply Chain/Logistics.
- College project or industry internship - preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Availability to work alternate hours as needed and to travel occasionally.
- Confidence to take responsibility for your decisions and actions.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Information Technology, Logistics and Supply Chain
High Point (United...
- Closing Date:14th Jul 2019, 6:00 pm