Looking for a career that will excite, challenge and inspire you? Thinking about insurance? Perhaps you should. Working for us is a totally different experience to what you probably expect. How do you feel about the things you truly love? Don’t you want to protect them in the best way possible? Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most.
This is no easy task. In today’s interconnected world, tackling risk is fast, unpredictable and invigorating. You’ll have to think on your feet as you manage risks big and small, from flooding to cyber crime. You’ll be tackling issues like these in over 170 countries. It’s a big challenge, but you’ll have a truly diverse network helping you. As part of an international team, every day would provide opportunities to learn, grow and share ideas.
As you make an impact across borders, you’ll feel the support of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career development needs and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
What You Will Do
As an Actuarial Intern, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Learn to consolidate and assist to analyze and explain financial results under different financial reporting bases including International Financial Reporting.
- Standards (IFRS), Market Consistent Embedded Value (MCEV), Solvency II (SII) and Local Statutory reporting.
- Provide support to the Life Actuarial Department in carrying out operational and developmental tasks for the financial management of the Company.
- Participate in the monthly valuation process and actuarial modeling.
- Learn to use actuarial software packages such as Prophet and gain insight to actuarial modeling techniques.
- Develop business soft-skills such as the ability to communicate and deliver presentations professionally.
Required Skills and Abilities
- University students undertaking their penultimate or final year of study in Actuarial Science or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and willingness to learn.
- Good analytical skills coupled with financial acumen.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th May 2020, 6:00 pm